Friday, December 12, 2008

"BROTHER'S IN ARMS"

“The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.”
Helen Keller

What does the word HERO mean!? By definition HERO means : One that shows great courage!
A hero can be even more than that.

Chuck Smartt, from Jason's fire department, started a program called "brother's in arms"... And their motto is honoring their brothers in LIFE by giving service!

We bought a home last month that needed way more than just a little maintenance pick-me-up. Jason has spent just about every minute of his off-time working on this house; and with two full-time jobs, full-time school, a family, and I hate to admit it but even a nagging wife from time to time.

He has accomplished so much on this house, almost entirely on his own. When he told me that help was coming from some men on his department my heart was filled with such gratitude. Most of these men also have more than one job and larger families and were still willing to take time out of their lives to come and help with the house. I know how relieving that has been on Jason, especially with finals going on at school this last week. I'm learning this very quickly; being the wife of a fire fighter and belonging to such an awesome department, that firefighter's are not just courageous, but selfless. Their strength and character is definitely not just in the name. I hope I can follow in their footsteps this holiday season.

I just want to send a thanks out to all those who have been so thoughtful in helping us with our home!

Names:
Chuck Smartt

Jeff Wise

Jeremy Headman

Ryan Waycasy

Peter Thorpe

Stan Andreason

Reagan Sinclair

Marshall Brough

Dave Yei

Kevin Peterson

Brittney Shaw

KayLee Shaw

Jessica Shaw,

and, of course, My mother.

I feel so blessed from our Heavenly Father for bringing such wonderful people in our live's, he truly takes such good care of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment